The Veg-Mozzarella Cheese

I do not like imitations, but it was absolutely impossible to use another definition.

125 gr of soy yogurt (150 gr if home made)
125 gr jar of soy milk
1 shallot
salt – chopped coriander
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
1 heaped teaspoon of agar agar
100 gr of soy ricotta cheese

Clean, wash and chop the shallot. In a saucepan soften the shallots with a little water, add the yogurt, soy milk, cornstarch, agar agar and season with a pinch of salt and chopped coriander.
Liquidize it all with an immersion blender; you must get a smooth cream, without lumps.
Add the soy ricotta cheese and mix well.
Put the pan on the heat again and let it thicken, simmer until the mixture will slighlty unstick from sides, about 5 minutes.
If necessary, liquidize it again, add a dash of extra virgin olive oil, mix to detach the cheese from the pan completely and let it cool.
Pour the mixture into a container, let it cool and thicken in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Get the container, pick a small quantity of cheese with the ice cream spoon, and shape it into pellets with your hands slightly oiled.
Leave in the fridge until you’ll consume it.

Comment:
iIt’s excellent! Not rubbery, it slowly melts in the mouth, leaving a wonderful feeling.
I used shallot to flavuor the “cheese”, but I’m are not entirely convinced that its funcion just ends here, I tried with other vegetables, but with onions, shallots or spring onions the result is different: the cheese has a different texture, very natural.
With these doses, I got 6 pellets (the size of the ice cream spoom).
I had it also as a packed lunch, very handy!!
I tried to melt it and the result is surprising, it melts perfectly.
An overview of mozzarella:

I garnished the leftover ricotta cheese with chopped fresh mint:

Chef: Felicia from VeganBlog

1. ascanio 24 May 2011 at 13:38
    ascanio

You’re a genius!! I guess the ricotta cheese has to be home made…?

2. nunuch 24 May 2011 at 16:48

Hi ! Please, can you post this recipe in French on veganwiz.fr ? Thank you.

3. EleonoraNW3 24 May 2011 at 17:29
    EleonoraNW3

Hi Nunuch, I’m sure you’ll find it translated on VeganWiz.fr very soon… stay tuned ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Felicia 24 May 2011 at 20:20

All the ingredients are homemade mozzarella. For the ricotta is necessary for the yogurt you can buy.

5. ascanio 24 May 2011 at 20:31
    ascanio

Hi Felicia! Thank you very much for this. It would appear that I should learn how to prepare ricotta cheese then ๐Ÿ™‚

6. ink cartridges 13 February 2013 at 03:31

This design is steller! You most certainly know how to keep a reader entertained.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start
    my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really
    enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
    Too cool!

Also visit my blog post; ink cartridges

7. Rachel 21 February 2013 at 06:54

I really want to make this but I don’t know what the measurements are in US. I tried to look up a conversion but can’t find a solid answer since it would vary depending on what the ingredient is… can anyone help me figure out the amounts of yogurt, milk, and ricotta?

8. Patricia 2 March 2013 at 16:52

Following Dr.Esselstyn’s book,”Preventing & Reversing Heart Disease”. We are finding a whole new world of eating. Tho I have been making our pizzas (experimenting with tofu), I’m missing the cheesy factor of my veggie pizzas.
    Thank you for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚ looking forward to trying this.

9. David 3 November 2013 at 22:16

I’m not quite getting the coriander. Assuming this is same as cilantro, and you’re using the leaves—well, are those assumptions correct? You’re using chopped cilantro?

If so, can that be left out? I loathe cilantro, and if it tastes like cilantro that’s a killer for me.